Tuesday, December 29, 2009

1st Fill + I'm a Moron

Yesterday I got my first fill. They added 4cc's. I won't go into too much detail b/c I'm sure most of you know what it's like to get a fill. If you don't, leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

Afterward, I was sitting in the waiting room drinking my water (which took forever) and this lady came up to the front from the back. I guess she had her initial consultation. She asked me if I'd had the procedure and wanted to know about my experience. I told her about being self-pay, my surgery day, the post-surgery agony, the gas, my weight loss, the process of restriction, etc. I think it really helped her. I know I would have loved to have spoken w/ someone face-to-face prior to having my surgery. Sure, I read LBT and went to 2 seminars, but nothing beats picking someone's mind who has had it done and hearing what they liked and didn't like. Before I left she asked me if I would do it again. I said "absolutely! but ask me again in 11 months!" I still have so much to go through before I can truly say if I would do it again or not...but more than likely I think I'll be happy with my decision :)

So, after slooooooooowly drinking my water, I left to run errands. Let me tell you, that fill made me tight. I know it won't last and it is just inflamation, but all day I felt like something was stuck in the back of my throat. Not a pleasant feeling. So, about 2 I ate half a cup of lf cottage cheese. It took me over an hour to eat. No joke.

That night, realizing I couldn't eat any of the food in my house, I went to the grocery store and bought pudding and soup. I had half a cup of broccoli soup, but was CRAVING something sweet. So, I snuck one of my roomie's dog turd cookies (they are the pecan sandies w/ powdered sugar, but my family calls them dog turds). I ate a bite, went down okay. Took another bite, chewed, swallowed, and immediately knew I was stuck. Tried drinking water, but that was stupid b/c when you are stuck nothing can go through the band, not even water. So I hung out with my head over the kitchen sink for about twenty minutes with spit pouring out of my mouth. It felt like my chest would explode. Finally, I was in so much pain I jumped up and down throwing a fit at myself and BOOP! up it came! So, now, I can say I've had my first PB and PBing is different than puking b/c it tastes the same going out as it did going in. No bile to burn your esophagus or horrible taste in your mouth.

So, I have learned my lesson(s): 1. no more dog turds EVER 2. listen to your dr. when they say mushies only for a day or two after a fill 3. just b/c you crave it doesn't mean you can eat it.


Amy W. said...

Boy, if there is one valuable lesson to take away from you story it is that DOG TURDS are NEVER a good idea.

Nicole said...

i agree with amy!

stick with the mushies for at least 24hours. good fill from your doc though. mine only put in 1.5 at the first fill.

cody said...

Girls, you are correct. I wish I could have seen this through my ravenous craving last night. NEVER AGAIN!! hahaha.

Mary said...

That is Correct: NO DOG TURDS!!!! AND LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!! LOL I hope your feeling better! :o)

meandmygizmo said...

love those homemade dog turds also referred to as ghost turds.

sorry you got stuck. I had two episodes yesterday ~ not good!

thanks for your honest post! ;-)

Shrinking Mommy said...

you can do better than that! i mean if you are going to go for the good stuff -- do it...don't settle for dog turds. lol.

it happened. you learned. it will happen again and you will move on again. welcome to the learning curve....

Post a Comment