Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Superstylin'

Recently, I purchased an iPod shuffle just for workouts.  I haven't done it yet, but I plan to load it with only fast paced, motivational music to keep me pumped during workouts.  Currently, my iPhone is my mp3 player and it's way too heavy for workouts.  They don't make good armbands for it so the shuffle is my best option since it's small and lightweight!

I haven't had a migraine in about 2 weeks, which is huge for me, until yesterday.  Yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I had to go to the grocery store immediately after work to pick up some ingredients for a healthy spinach artichoke dip I promised to make for my tennis team's end of season party tonight.  By the time I got out of Publix, I was miserable.  Then, I had to sit in traffic for an hour.  I thought I was going to vomit in my car my head was hurting so bad.  I still have a residual headache after taking 2 Treximets over the course of the migraine.

If you've ever had a migraine, you know what I mean when I say it's the worst experience ever.  And, unfortunately, I usually get them at least once a week.  I know they will never go away since I've had them since I was 7, but I sure will be glad when they become more infrequent once I get this weight off!

2 comments:

kickingfatsazz said...

Ipods are awesome! I use the Mp3 player in my phone, too. But I plan to buy my Daughter the Ipod Touch and snatch her Ipod from her when I start working out.

Cody, I know you hope the losing the weight ultimately will be the realize your migraines become infrequent, but have you tried Topamax? It has been a life saver for me. I had migraines since I was young teen. Since I have been on Topamax I have only had maybe 3 a year.

As a migraine sufferer, Ive been through the ringer with medication therapy. Just wanted to share.

idlebanter said...

Yep, I've tried Topamax along with every other product in the market.

It worked the first time I used it, then I quit taking it along with most of my other medications and when I went to get back on it, it didn't work anymore.

Post a Comment