Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Shame.

Ever since I've pushed beyond 230lb I have become a shut-in. I run essential errands and go to work, but really do anything else. I don't go shopping, to movies, out to eat with friends, to parties, or to bars anymore.

I used to be WILD. I'd go out several times during the week, stay out until 2 or 4am and then get up and go to work. However, ever since my weight has ballooned, I have no desire. So these last few years have been awful for me! I don't know that I will ever be as wild as I once was (I chalk it up to being in my early 20s), but it would be really nice to be able to go out and not be so self-conscious.

I don't like people looking at me in this state. I don't like seeing thin people having a good time b/c it just reminds me of how I got to this point. I look forward to finally being banded and being on my way to having a social life, again!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, Cody! Thanks for following my blog and commenting.

I can so relate to this post. I used to be such a social person, and I realized I was changing when I skipped my alma mater's homecoming this year - embarrassed over my weight. I plan to go next year, at least 100 lbs skinnier!

Hang in there!

Amy

Lap Band It said...

I sooooooo know how you feel. My weight has gone from 150 to 225 in 3 years since I have been married. I feel bad for my husband because I don't want to go anywhere. He as never said anything about my weight. I want to be the beautiful wife he married. At work I feel like I'm on display. Everybody always looks at the police. I'm excited about the future and a new me. Good Luck to Y'all. Its going to be great!

Post a Comment