Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm alive! I made it!!!!!

Ohhhhh, the horror. I haven't updated in about a week, I think. Not so sure.

Let me tell you, though, blogging has been the last thing on my mind since surgery on Friday afternoon. I don't know how all of you did who already had the procedure, but I had a really, really hard time Friday night, Saturday, and much of Sunday. Today (Monday), I'm feeling much more like myself!

My surgery wasn't until 3:15 on Friday so I didn't get home until after 6. They wouldn't let me have more than a small shot glass of ice chips all night. I was so mad and so thirsty! I really just wanted to chug some water, but wasn't allowed to have a full glass until Saturday.

The worst part for me has been the gas. None of my loosest pants would fit after surgery. They are finally starting to fit. The gas pain was horrendous. A lot of it was around where your heart would be. So, it felt like my heart was hurting! It was also up under my ribcage.

Eating hasn't been a big deal. I can't get all my food in, so that's difficult. What's also difficult is being around my parents. We came down to our beach house in FL yesterday and on the way down they had these delicious pita sandwiches filled with eggs, ham, mushrooms, and mozzarella. I had hot tea. Last night, they had Carraba's spaghetti, bread and oil, and a house salad for dinner. I had a protein drink. The whole time they were eating they were like, "Mmm, this is soooo good." blah, blah, blah. I'm sure they weren't doing it on purpose but have a little sensitivity! I wanted to punch them in the face! This morning they had eggs, bacon, toast, and avocado. I had a popsicle. Ugh! See where this is going?

In terms of activity, I'm doing really well. Even the night I got home I wanted the gas OUT! Talk about serious pain. So, I've been walking, walking, walking. It's not all gone, but at least I'm making headway with beginning to pass it (TMI). For example, right now I'm sitting upright (which is a challenge. I really want to slouch) and I feel it in my lower abdomen. I'm just glad it's not high up in my abdomen anymore. That was the worst!

Right now I'm at Starbucks because our internet connection at the beach house is out for some reason. My parents dropped me off here to get a little work done while they run errands. I got a small nf sf vanilla chai latte. I have barely made a dent in it and I've had it sitting next to me for about 45 minutes. It's that hard to get stuff down.

Before I was saying how I was just looking forward to having the procedure and seeing how it goes from there. Now, I'm looking forward to being back at 100% and beginning to see results! I haven't stepped on a scale since surgery so I have no idea where I'm at. I think that's a good thing. I want to hold off on being a slave to the scale as long as possible.

Well, if you made it through all of my rambling, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'll try to update again this week, but if I can't, it will be next week!

2 comments:

Lap Band It said...

Girl I know what you mean about not having anything to drink after surgery. They wouldn't let me even have ice chips... I had nothing for over 24 hours. I has a wet wash cloth that I used to keep my mouth wet. That was the worse.
I went to my first Post Op today and he told me that I would get my first fill at 3 weeks. I'm excited about that. I feel like I have no restriction. I can drink 16 oz of broth with no problems.
I am still having gas pains in my shoulder so I've been walking for about an hour everyday.
I'm going back to work Friday and I'm very worried that my gun belt is going to hurt my incisions. Just my pants on my stomach hurts. I'm off Sat and Sunday so if I can just get through Black Friday for 12 hours I'll be ok. Good Luck I think you will be feeling better very soon.

kickingfatsazz said...

Hey Cody! Im glad to hear your surgery was successful and you are doing well. I'm sorry you are not getting the support from your parents you should, the closest to us, seem to look right over us sometimes. Sounds like you are doing awesome. I would probably be throwing a true hissy fit. But Im just a real brat like that! Good for you for taking the higher ground. I will checking back in on you to see how your doing. My prayers are with you.

Post a Comment