Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

NYC and BIG NEWS!!!

Let's start with the big news...I'm moving! My company is transferring me to New Jersey and even more crazy is that I'm supposed to be there in 6 days! While that may not happen, I will be there by the 26th, just not moved in...I don't even have an apartment, yet! I'll probably commuting weekly for a few weeks, staying in a hotel M - F. I own my house in ATL so I have to rent that out and the challenge there will be to kick my current roommate out before her lease ends.

This past weekend I went to visit one of my very good friends who lives in NYC...however, not for long. He's moving home to Birmingham at the end of February. Anyway, we had a wonderful time!!! We walked and ate and drank. I did gain a few lbs. so that's no good, but I'm sure I could have gained much more had we not walked everywhere under the sun. One of my favorite meals was at Zarela where I got the world famous Arroz con Pollo. Another favorite restaurant was the brunch at Calle Ocho. They have a complimentary sangria bar with 8 different sangrias!!!! My favorite non-meal was the delicious hot chocolate from Jacques Torres (aka Mr. Chocolate). Best hot chocolate EVER. One thing I will say about NYC (and this could just be the North, in general. IDK) is that the service is the WORST EVER. Servers do not give a rats butt if they provide you with good service. Multiple times I had to go on a hunger strike in order to get my water glass refilled.

So now it's back to reality. I have to figure out this transfer thing. And I have to eat well. My next fill is on Thursday and I'm not so sure they will be happy with my progress. Since gaining a few lbs in NYC, I'm only down about 1 lb since my last fill. Boooooo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment