Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fills: A Catch 22

Fills are wonderful things, yet nightmares for me.

I'm one of those people who is extra sensitive to fills. Instead of being on 24 or 48 hrs of liquids post-fill, I'm on liquids for about a full week. Then, I sloooowly start adding in mushies. It's like going through the surgery all over again. It stinks because around day 3 I just want something solid in my tummy, but it's wonderful b/c this is the stage where I lose a ton of weight.

For example: it's been around 48 hours since my fill and I have already dropped 4.5 lb. I'm now no longer considered obese! I'm just 2.5 lb away from Onederland, as well! One might think that I'll gain some of this weight back when I start eating mushies & solids, but that's not so, my friends! It hasn't happened yet and I'm not about to start.

Tonight I'm going out with some girls and we're going to learn how to do the Hustle (Queue the music...). Fun times!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Finally - another 'sensitive' lap band blogger!!! I thought I was the only one. My Dr. calls me his special case. Gee...um.. Thanks!?
ha!
My fill in Feb. left me eating soup for almost a month! It was the only thing I could keep down.

idlebanter said...

haha! Yes, I'm just like that! Even though I had my fill reversed a week ago, I still can't get down even mashed potatoes!

BUT my dr. said that those of us who are sensitive are generally more successful so score one for us!

Post a Comment