Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Motivation

I was thinking this morning about all the reasons why I can't wait to get my Lap-Band and what I hope the weight loss results in. I think I've mentioned a few of the reasons before, but I'll list most of them out here now.

-Migraines. I've had migraines almost my whole life so I don't expect them to completely go away, but it feels like they have gotten much worse now that I'm back (well) over 200 lb. The medication I'm on for them now is great, but that's just it; I hate taking so many pills!
-Quality of sleep. Lately, my sleep has been down right awful and I know it's because of my weight. I'm pretty sure I have mild sleep apnea and I know my fattness just gets in the way of my body trying to turn to get comfy.
-Self confidence. Or lack thereof. I'm miserable. I don't want to go out to bars with my friends or go anywhere in public that I don't have to. I'm embarrassed for people to see me who haven't seen me in a long time and I just hide in my house 99% of the time.
-Diabetes. I don't have it, but a few years ago I was tested and was insulin resistant. I stopped taking the meds, lost weight, felt better, and thought that was it. Well, now that I've put the weight back on (plus 20lb) I'm pretty sure I have it again. I know I'm not taking care of myself like I should and really don't ever want to have to take insulin.
-Energy. I have NONE. I cannot wake up in the mornings. I want to go to bed as soon as the sun goes down. I'm pathetic and I know it's because of the weight.
-Vanity. I don't need to be a size 6. I'll settle for a 10, but I just want to have my toned arms, tight butt, and bikini body back that I know I can have. I want to be able to play sports and people know how athletic I really am, not this tub of lard I currently look like :(


I'll add to this if I think of more motivating factors.

Since my surgery isn't for a few months, I'll probably only update a few times a week until things pick up. Just know, I'm around!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment