Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

2 posts in 2 days!

I think I'm going through a "Quarter Life Crisis" or is it "Third Life Crisis" now? Yes. I think it's "Third Life Crisis."

I am not happy where I'm at in my life and it's not just because of my weight. I'm not satisfied with my career path. I don't like where it's going. I fear that if I stay in this industry I will end up angry and hating my job (which I currently do). Therefore, I want to change industries. However, in order to change industries, I would most likely have to go back to school and, being that I am self pay for my Lap-Band, it is unlikely that a bank would give me a loan to cover my tuition, books, mortgage, living expenses, etc.

So, it makes me want to sell my house! Then I wouldn't need money for a mortgage. I can rent an apartment for 1/2 of what my mortgage is. BUT the real estate market is still in the shitter and there is no sign of it getting better. Example: I bought my place in 3/08 and now, my neighbors are listing (not actually selling) their places for $25k less than what I paid. Can you say screwed?

Anyway, I don't know what to do. I was thinking of looking in to becoming an Office Manager of a nice medical practice. Serious title cut, but I think the work would be more satisfying. If the practice is nice enough I would make comparable money, I think.

I'll look into it. It's nothing pressing.

2 comments:

Lap Band It said...

Now is a good time to go to the Police Academy. They usually have it at night and last only about 8 months. It's a great rewarding job.

idlebanter said...

I have ALWAYS dreamed of becoming a police officer, specifically a K9 officer! However, I've looked at the pay scale and, even though I have a bachelors degree, it won't pay near what I am making right now...even years down the line. And I really can't afford to take a cut in pay. :( I'll just have to live out my dream through "COPS" every night!

Post a Comment